Code Consulting & Review
Our Code Consulting & Review teams consist of ICC Certified Building Officials, Plans Examiners and Inspectors that provide expert code analysis and interpretation that go well beyond the industry standards. More than simply reciting code sections, our project teams rely upon their decades of combined experience to answer unique and compelling design challenges by providing solid AHJ interpretation support, creative compliance solutions, and multiple design alternatives or ideas.
Our primary expertise includes the adoption, research, interpretation and application of the following codes and standards:
- Building Codes (IBC, UBC, NFPA 101, NFPA 5000)
- Fire Codes (IFC, UFC, NFPA 1)
- Life Safety Codes (NFPA 101)
- Accessibility Codes (ADA, IBC, ICC A117.1, FHA)
PCNA Group specializes in the interpretation and application of Federal, State and local provisions. We have participated in the development process for numerous amendments, ordinances, and standards in conjunction with various state and local government agencies. The PCNA Group approach emphasizes an innovative risk-managed systems approach to building design; through successfully facilitating research, compliance, alternatives, and approvals for new and existing buildings. This covers a broad range of construction types and uses including commercial, industrial, residential, mixed-use, high-rise, and governmental buildings and facilities.
- Offering initial code-related input during the planning stages of a project to assist in the Planning / Zoning approvals process.
- Providing a Master Code Analysis based on the applicable codes and local provisions to be used as a “road map” throughout the project.
- Consulting with the design team on local government authority provisions and submittal requirements throughout the design development stages of a project.
- Conducting multiple plan-check reviews at milestones within the design process.
- Liaising with local government authorities to facilitate the permit application process, handling of design considerations, and managing the approvals process.
- Identifying cost-effective alternative design solutions to assure compliance with applicable codes and standards.
- Assisting in the resolution and response of government authority review comments.
- Conducting as-built inspections throughout construction to verify that proper implementation of design criteria is applied with respect to all applicable code requirements.